2013 Lotus Elan unveiled at the Paris Motor Show
Lotus revealed their Elan at the Paris Motor Show. The car looks a lot like Honda CRZ, but the performance is rather better.
Lotus Elan is powered by 4.0 liter V6 with 450PS and 465Nm of torque. The mighty engine is mated with 7-speed DCT gearbox, which delivers the power to the rear wheels. The weight of Elan is just 1 295 kg (2 855 lb), so it accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds and the top speed is 310km/h (193 mph). The company reports that there will be a hybrid variant of Elan, which will have emissions of just 199 g/km of CO2.
Lotus Elan will go on sale in the fall of 2013, priced at £75 000.
2013 Lotus Elan:
- Layout 2 seater (optional 2+2), mid-engined, rear wheel drive
- Engine Petrol, hybrid optional
- Hybrid technology Optional KERS
- Cylinder V6
- Capacity 4.0 litre
- Power/Torque 450 PS / 465 Nm
- Rev limit 7,800 rpm
- 0-100 km/h 3.5 seconds
- Top speed 310 km/h
- CO2 approx (CO2/km) 199 g/km**
- Weight 1,295 kg
- Seats 2
- Transmission 7 Speed DCT
- Drive RWD
- Start of production Summer 2013
- Enters the market Autumn 2013
- Price indication Circa £75,000