2013 Lotus Exige S Roadster Adds More Summer Excitement
2013 Lotus Exige S Roadster will raise the spirits of this summer by its exceptional visual characteristics and new character. It stems from its coupé counterpart - the Exige S and keeps all of the race-bred sports car attributes.
With this convertible, Lotus is completing the Exige line-up and enhances the track focused collection by providing a new facet to the range. To be more precise this cabrio sportscar is powered by the same 3.5L V6 unit which we have seen in the coupé variants, however weighing in at 10kg less than the Exige S at 1166 kg.
The factory-fitted soft top vehicle accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in only 4.0 seconds, due to the capability of generating 345 hp (254 kW) at 7000 rpm and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque at 4500 rpm. This basically means that the Roadster matches the coupé's mechanical performance and in addition has the same price - £52 900.
As a matter of fact, Lotus Exige S Roadster will deliver the lucky driver the perfect "joy" ride. The model is also available with the full list of options and extras found in the coupe variant, but adds additional interior option of quilted leather seats and door trim details.
Lotus Exige S Roadster at a glance:
- Max Power: 345 hp (254 kW) at 7000 rpm
- Max Torque: 295 lb ft (400 Nm) at 4500 rpm
- 0 – 60 mph 3.8 seconds
- 0 – 100 km/h 4.0 seconds
- Max Speed: 145 mph (233 km/h)
- Weight: 1166 kg
Lotus Exige S Roadster in details:
- Engine: Mid-mounted, transverse 3.5 litre DOHC V6 VVTi, 24-valve equipped with Harrop HTV 1320 Supercharger
- Transmission: 6 speed manual with sports ratios
- Suspension: Fully independent double wishbone suspension with front and rear anti-roll bar; Bilstein high performance gas dampers and Eibach coaxial springs
- Braking and Dynamic systems:
- AP-Racing four-piston callipers with ventilated and cross drilled cast-iron discs.
- Lotus / BOSCH Developed ABS/ESP system
- Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Cornering Brake Control (CBC)
- Lotus Dynamic Performance Management (Lotus DPM)
- Wheels and Tyres: Lightweight cast alloy wheels (17" front and 18" rear) clad with Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tyres.
- Fuel Consumption and CO2 Emissions: urban 19.5 mpg – 14.5 litres / 100km; extra urban 37.2 mpg – 7.6 litres / 100km; combined – 28.0 mpg – 10.1 litres / 100km; CO2 emissions 236 g CO2 / km.