Mazda Refreshes Mazda5 for Japanese Market
Mazda Motor Corporation has announced upgrades to its Premacy (known as the Mazda5 in overseas markets) compact minivan in Japan. Popular due to its sporty styling and driving performance, the freshened Premacy goes on sale today at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealerships nationwide. Manufacturer's suggested retail prices (including sales tax) for front-wheel drive (FWD) models range from 1,820,000 to 2,195,000 yen(19,000 USD to 23,000 USD).
Since its debut in 1999, the Mazda Premacy compact minivan has earned plaudits for its efficient seven-seat packaging, outstanding driving performance and sporty styling. Ten years later, the Premacy is currently sold in over 60 countries and has become Mazda's best-selling minivan, with total global sales surpassing 710,000 units.
The range topping 20Z model grade now comes with specially designed aluminum alloy wheels and seat and door trim that enhance its sporty appearance. To highlight its sharp lines, exclusive Dark Plum Mica exterior body paint is also newly available for this model grade. In response to high demand, the mainstay 20CS grade has been augmented with a new fuel economy gauge and a freshly designed center panel. With the addition of these features and a full equipment review, the upgraded Mazda Premacy 20CS is even more affordable than before.
All Mazda Premacy FWD model grades qualify for Japan's eco-car tax incentives, with 50 percent reductions on both the automobile acquisition tax and the automobile weight tax.
Main features of the freshened Mazda Premacy
- Sporty, high-quality dark grey 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels which are exclusive to the 20Z model grade.
- Eight exterior body colors are available, including the newly added Aluminum Metallic and Radiant Ebony Mica. The special exterior color Dark Plum Mica is also exclusively available for the 20Z model grade.
- Newly designed fabric seat and door trim which is exclusive to the 20Z model grade.
- The 20CS, 20S and 20Z model grades are equipped with a trip computer that includes a fuel economy gauge as standard equipment.
- All model grades feature a glossy piano black center panel.
- Side and rear view cameras are available as a factory-installed option for the 20CS, 20S and 20Z model grades.