Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG voted "the most attractive car"
More than 200 000 readers of 21 European editions of the magazine voted for he new gull-wing model into top place as Europe's most attractive car. Furthermore, SLS AMG is awarded with Plus X Award for "high quality" and "design".
The previous model with gull-wing doors from Mercedes-Benz was the ledendary 300 SL, which was produced in 1954-1957. SLS AMG features one of the most powerful naturally aspirated engines in the world - 6.2 litre V8 delivering 571hp and 650Nm of torque. The huge engine is paired with seven-speed double-clutch transmission in a transaxle arrangement and a responsive sports suspension with aluminium double-wishbone axles.
Thanks to its unique design and performance, SLS AMG has quite number of awards, including:
- "Red Dot Design Award"
- "iF product design award 2010"
- "Golden Steering Wheel 2009" (Bild am Sonntag and Auto Bild)
- "The Best Cars", super sports car category (auto motor und sport)
- "Auto Trophy 2009" and "Design Trophy" (Auto Zeitung)
- "TOPauto 2010" (Motor Information Service)
- "Best New Product 2009, International Motor Show Frankfurt" (AutoScout24)
- "GT Car of the Year" (Top Gear, GB)
- "Best Dream Machine" (MotorWeek TV's Driver's Choice Award, USA)