Nissan Previews 2015 Murano Ahead Of Official Premiere [VIDEO]
2015 Nissan Murano is going to make its official first world appearance in New York tomorrow. However, Nissan decided to reveal pictures and data about the car. The new SUV shows some dramatic characteristics in terms of design and in fact is almost concept-like. In addition, the premium interior adds style and spaciousness and well as offers advanced technologies. The third generation Murano shows company's new design direction.
The exterior enhancements are visible through the V-motion front as well as the LED boomerang lights at the front and the rear, and the unique "floating" roof. As an option Nissan is offering LED headlights and Power Panoramic Moonroof.
The premium interior is spacious enough and has refined lower-height instrument panel, wide center console, advanced NASA-inspired Zero Gravity front and outboard rear seating. In addition, to make the driving experience cozier, Nissan has added customizable advanced lighting system.
At the front and rear the passengers will enjoy leather-appointed seats with high-speed heating. In addition, the technologies featured here icnlude rear seat USB port, Advanced Drive-Assist Display with 7.0-inch display, 8.0-inch multi-touch control screen, available NissanConnectSM with Navigation and Mobile Apps, SiriusXM Radio, SiriusXM Travel Link, 11-speaker Bose premium audio system, and Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System.
At the heart of 2015 Murano is the 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine. It produces 260 horsepower (191 kW) and 325 Nm (240 lb-ft) of torque, and is coupled with an advanced Xtronic transmission. All trim levels of the model will be offered with available front-wheel drive or Intuitive All-Wheel Drive.
Safety and security systems include Moving Object Detection (MOD), Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW), Forward Emergency Braking and Cross Traffic Alert (CTA).
2015 Nissan Murano will be offered in four trim levels: S, SV, SL and Platinum, and will go on sale by the end of this year.
2015 Nissan Murano Dimensions and Specifications:
- Drive Configuration: Front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive
- Engine: 3.5-liter DOHC V6 rated at 260 horsepower (191 kW) and 325 Nm (240 lb-ft) of torque
- Valvetrain: 4 valves per cylinder with Continuously Variable valve Timing Control System (CVTCS)
- Induction System: Nissan Induction Control System (NICS)
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 95.5 x 81.4
- Compression Ratio (:1): 10.3
- Spark Plugs: Double-tipped platinum with chrome finishers
- Maximum Engine Speed: 6,600 rpm
- Engine Mounts: 6-point
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded regular
- Emissions Certification: Tier2Bin5 (EPA)/LEV3-ULEV70 (CARB)
- Exhaust: Dual tailpipes with finishers
- EPA Fuel Economy: Not available at this time
- Transmission: Advanced Xtronic transmission
- 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels / 235/65R18 tires
- 20-inch aluminum alloy / 235/55R20 tires
- Suspension: Lightweight 4-wheel independent suspension – independent strut front, multi-link rear
- Wheelbase: 111.2 inches
- Length: 192.4 inches 2
- Width: 75.4 inches
- Height: 66.5 inches
- Tread Width: 64.6 inches
- Min. ground clearance: 6.9 inches
- Angle of Approach: 13.8 degrees
- Angle of Departure: 15.8 degrees
- Breakover Angle: 24.4 degrees
- Coefficient of drag: 0.31
- Headroom – front/rear
- Without moonroof: 39.9/39.8 inches
- With moonroof: 38.1/37.8 inches
- Legroom – front/rear: 40.5/38.7 inches
- Hip room – front/rear: 55.4/55.2 inches
- Shoulder room – front/rear: 59.5/58.8 inches
Video Source: YouTube