2013 Nissan Sylphy G Launched
2013 Nissan Sylphy G has just been launched and it includes an elegant and sophisticated design and class-above comfort. Sylphy draws its power by the newly developed 1.8L MRA8DE engine, which is mated to a next-generation XTRONIC CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) with sub-planetary gear. This combination delivers powerful and smooth driving.
On of the most noticeable feature of the Sylphy is its premiuml front grille. To the luxurious feel add the LED-accented headlamps, large rear combination lights and a flowing character line. All these features contribute to a sophisticated sedan style. In comparison to its predecessor the new model is 15mm lower in height and 65mm wider in width, giving it well-balanced sedan proportions.
Furthermore, the interior is even more spacious and comfortable. Sylphy's high-quality, refined cabin includes a seamless instrumental panel and detailed meter design. The optimized interior layout creates ample rear legroom that is comparable to that of a sedan one class above.
In addition, the comfort of the occupants is further enhanced by the reduction of the vibration with strengthened body rigidity. This also enhances the quietness with efficiently placed acoustic insulation and utilization of a vibration-absorbing suspension.
Other features important to highlight here are the Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) system and air conditioner outlet for the rear seats. They create a comfortable cabin for all passengers. The improved visibility and ease of driving is deliverd by large windows and the slope of the hood, which allows the driver to easily grasp the vehicle shape.
2013 Nissan Sylphy G Specifications and Details:
• Three-dimensional chrome front grille with an imposing presence
• Front bumper with horizontal design, emphasizing great width and a sense of stability
• Headlights with six LED clearance lights that suggest the ‘power of eyes'
• Flowing character line that runs from curved front fender through the rear combination lights
• Electric retractable remote control body-colored door mirrors with integrated side turn lamps that are easily seen
• Rear combination lights featuring bold horseshoe-shaped design with fifteen LED lights expressing a stunning, high-quality feel
• A total of six available exterior colors, including a new color, Deep Iris Grey
• Instrument panel design gives a feeling of spaciousness
• Instrument panel features integrally molded upper-to-middle section, flowing curved surface and the use of soft pad trim to provide a premium interior feel
• ‘Micro-grain' that reduces glare and provides smooth feel to touch and a relaxed atmosphere is adopted in the lower instrument panel and the upper side of the front door trim
• Adopted in all grades is easy-to-read Fine Vision Meters with a central color liquid crystal display showing various information, including ECO mode indicator
• Class-above high-quality feel achieved with carefully selected and combined materials used for the center panel finisher
• Newly developed 1.8L MRA8DE engine adopted in all grades
• Powerful and smooth driving achieved by a longer engine stroke, improved combustion efficiency, improved intake/exhaust efficiency and reduced friction
• Fuel economy improved by 16% to 15.6km/L (in JC08 mode) compared to the previous model
• XTRONIC CVT adopted in all grades
• Front window glass expanded upward to provide easier viewing of traffic lights and signs
• Hood shape that makes it easier to see where the vehicle's front end is
• Tilt and telescopic steering wheel for most appropriate driving posture (adjustable by 30mm backward and forward and 40mm up and down)
• 65mm added to the width and shoulder room increased by 30mm compared to the previous model – enhancing interior spaciousness and increasing door thickness, creating ample armrest space
• Large rear knee room where passengers can relax with legs crossed
• Newly designed flat rear seat back sides improve comfort and ease of egress/ingress when three passengers sit in the rear seat
• 510-liter luggage space capacity
Aerodynamics performance and comfort:
• New body shape with lower air resistance and optimized under floor airflow achieve coefficient of drag of 0.29
• Strengthened body rigidity and reduced vibration give improved quietness
• Clearance, which is a route where noise comes in, is thoroughly removed and noise insulators are efficiently displayed, delivering improved quietness
• Ride comfort improved by a longer suspension stroke and improved impact/vibration absorption performance
Key Safety and Environmental Technologies:
• Xenon headlights (projector type with low beam/auto-control) (standard on G)
• Optimum light distribution, multi-reflector halogen headlights (manual control) (standard on X, S)
• Auto light system (linked front wipers, dawn sensors) (standard on G, X)
• VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control <TCS functionality included>)
• LED High Mount Stop Lamp
• ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution), Brake Assist
• High-strength body construction (Zone Body), body construction for pedestrian protection
• Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) 3-point seatbelts for all seats
• SRS air bag system for driver and front passenger
• Side air bag system and SRS curtain air bag system for driver and front passenger (standard on G)
• Based on JC08 fuel-economy mode
• Every grade achieves SU-LEV certification, emitting 75% fewer exhaust emissions than 2005 standards
• Achieves more than 95% recyclability rate (where recycling facilities exist)