The new Indianapolis 500 pace car is here
At the Speedway's Hall of Fame Museum, Chevrolet and Indianapolis Motor Speedway revealed the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Indianapolis 500 pace car.
Paying tribute to the original 1969 Indianapolis 500 pace car, the new Chevy Camaro SS Indianapolis 500 pace car is finished in Inferno Orange Metallic paint with White Diamond rally stripes that travel from the front to the rear over the top of the body. Under the bonnet, the guys at Chevrolet have fitted the pace vehicle with a stock 6.2-litre V8 engine capable to produce the amazing 400 horsepower. The car's distinctive appearance is further strengthened by its RS package and its leather interior with Inferno Orange interior accents. Unique to special Camaro SS are also:
- 2010 Indianapolis 500 event logo painted on doors and embroidered on driver and passenger headrests
- 2010 Indianapolis 500 event logo badges on front fenders
- All-new front grille insert that Chevrolet plans to offer as a future Camaro accessory
- Amber lens tail lamps
- Complete safety strobe light system with custom interior light bar in the rear window (no rooftop light bar)
- All-new GM Accessory floor mats with red and orange accent stitching
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS Indianapolis 500 pace car is about to make its public premiere at the Indianapolis Auto Show starting on December 26th.