Koenigsegg releases new supercar - Koenigsegg Agera
Koenigsegg marks the apex of its 15 anniversary celebrations with an exclusive supercar - Koenigsegg Agera. Shaped respectfully to the original Koenigsegg CC body style, the new dream ride boasts fresh, more sculpted and powerful appeal. The vehicle's name "Agera" comes from the Swedish verb "to act" and further describes symbolically the newcomer's top-end performance qualities and athletic character.
Christian von Koenigsegg said – "When we believe in something, we do it. We act. the car also has to act, when commanded to unleash its performance, forcefully and flawlessly. The development of the Agera has been evolutionary, following the Koenigsegg tradition of continuous improvements, by honing and perfecting the end result, all based on previous experience and innovative mindsets. The focus when developing the Agera was to maximize, driving experience, cornering speed, braking and adaptability. "
The heart of the newly developed sporty eye-catcher is the twin-turbocharged Koenigsegg aluminum 4,7L V8 power unit capable of producing 910 horsepower and 1100 Nm of maximum torque at 5100 rpm. Among the other technical highlights are also new braking unit with adjustable ABS system and 392x36 and 380x34 ventilated and drilled ceramic discs and new traction control system.
In the terms of cabin styling, the brand-new Koenigsegg Agera features an innovative interior illumination dubbed Ghost light. The smooth illumination shines through the billet aluminium buttons and sleek surfaces and renders excellent visibility of the symbols, as well as a very clean and stylish appearance, framed by an all-new carbon fiber centre console and tunnel assembly. Moreover, the dream car packs new multi-info cluster with revised infotainment display that combines basic functionality, G-force meter, power meters, Sat-nav, music and lap-timer.
2010 Koenigsegg Agera Technical Specifications:
Performance (petrol version)
- Power output: 910 hp at 6850 rpm-redline @ 7250 rpm
- Torque: over 1000 nm from 2860 to 6170 rpm
- Max Torque: 1100 nm at 5100 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 3.1 seconds
- 0-200 km/h 8.9 sec, 0-200-0 km/h 13.7 sec
- Top Speed: 390+ km/h (245+ mph) (estimated)
- Braking distance: 30.5m (100-0 km/h)
- Lateral G-force: 1.6 G
- Fuel consumption:
- Highway travel: 12,5 l/100km, Combined: l6/100km
- Weight-to-power ratio: 1.42 kg/hp
- Weight distribution: 45% front, 55% rear
- Cd. 0,35 Frontal area 1.885 m2
- Total Downforce at 250 km/h: 300 kg
- Flat underside of chassis. Venturi tunnels at rear of chassis/body.
- Carbon fbre with aluminium honeycomb and integrated fuel tanks for optimal weight distribution and safety.
- Monocoque torsional rigidity: 58,000 nm/degree.
- Weight including tanks: 72 kg.
- Front and rear suspension: Double wishbones, two-way adjustable VPS gas-hydraulic shock absorbers, pushrod operated.
- Electronically adjustable ride height.
- Front: Cro-Mo subframe, with integrated crash members.
- Rear: Semi-stressed engine and gearbox with support struts, for Needle bearings and o-ringed wishbone bushings optimal rigidity and no engine inertia movements. Fully machined aircraft aluminum uprights, with SKF LeMans specifcation 150mm angle contact ball bearings.
- GKN hollow/gun-drilled driveshafts.
- Koenigsegg Z-style progressive and lightweight anti-roll bars front and rear.
- Koenigsegg aluminum 4,7L V8, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts
- Compression: 8.9:1
- Sequential, multipoint fuel injection.
- Twin turbo superchargers 1.5 bar boost pressure.
- Dry sump lubrication.
- Carbon fbre intake manifold with optimised intake tracts. Tig-welded ceramic coated inconell exhaust system manifold with merge collector.
- Emission levels: Euro IV
- Weight: 173 kg
- Specially developed transversal Transmission with paddle-shift. Torque sensitive limited slip differential or optional Electronic differential Clutch: Dual Plate, O 240 mm
- Rack and pinion power assisted steering. 2.7 turns lock-to-lock. Turning circle: 11 metres. TRW electro-hydraulic power-assisted.
- Front brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs O 392 mm, 36 mm wide. 6-piston calipers. Power-assisted. Rear brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs O 380 mm, 34 mm wide. 6-piston callipers. Power-assisted.
- F1-style for optimal performance with 5 different handling modes.
- Koenigsegg forged Vortex generating aluminium wheels with centre locking
- Front: 19" x 9.5" Rear: 20" x 12.5"
- Michelin Unidirectional with asymmetric tread pattern Front: 255/35 – 19" (Y) Rear: 335/30 – 20" (Y)
- Two-door, two seater with removable hardtop stowable under the front hood lid. Body made from pre-impregnated carbon fbre/kevlar and lightweight sandwich reinforcements. Carbon vents over wheels Electrical System Solid state digital semi-conductors - no fuses or relays. Can bus operated and fully programmable functionality.
- Dual Airbags, detachable storable hardtop with glass roof, power windows, rear wing, adjustable pedals and steering column, Agera Stitching, Adjustable seats in rake and length, carbon ceramic brakes with Sport ABS, hydraulic lifting system, power steering, power brakes, 4-point saftey harness for track use, satnav, MP3 Player, USB connection, climate control, digital warning and info system, G sensor, alarm, tyre monitoring system, silver key, leather carpets, roof stowage, bag, car cover.
- Fitted luggage, special leather and colour requests, Inconell exhaust system, Completely Clearcoated Carbonfber body, Electronic differential (E-diff), robotized rear wing, Front winglets, rear parking sensors.
- Total length: 4293 mm (169")
- Total width: 1996 mm (78.6")
- Total height: 1120 mm (44.1")
- Ground clearance:
- Rear: 100 mm (3.94") Front: 100 mm (3.94")
- Fuel capacity: 70 litres (18.5 US gallons)
- Luggage compartment: 120 litres (31.7 US gallons)
- Dry weight: 1290 kg (2832 lbs)