2011 Bentley Continental GT - better than ever
2011 Bentley Continental GT is ready. The car looks like a facelift to the outgoing model, but the company assures that it is a completely new vehicle. However, if you look closer you will find out that the side windows are longer and the beltline is a little higher. 2011 Continental GT also features new taillights, Mulsanne-inspired headlights and a new front grille.
Inside, the new Bentley also includes number of modifications compared to the previous model. There is a new MEDIA system and the quality of the materials is a bit higher. The front seats are different, too, they are slightly slimmer so the passengers benefit from additional two inches of legroom.
2011 Continental GT is powered by 6.0 liter W12 engine with 567HP (good number) and 700Nm of torque (516lb-ft). This is an increase of 15hp and 50Nm compared to the old engine.The acceleration is just stunning for such a big GT – 0 to 100km/h in 4.4 seconds and a top speed of 319km/h (198mph). The big engine is thursty – it returns 12mpg in city and 19mpg on the highway.
All the power is transmitted to the road through 40:60 split AWD system. The car also features aluminum suspension components and a new steering system.
Later in 2011, a new 4.0 liter V8 will be introduced.
Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen, Chairman and Chief Executive commented : "The new Continental GT is an automotive work of art, with superb craftsmanship and elegant, contemporary design. It drives like a supercar, but without the usual sacrifices in ride or practicality. It is a car that you can enjoy every moment of every day."
2011 Bentley Continental GT
Sculptured exterior design
- Advanced production techniques such as aluminium Super Forming (front wings and boot lid) allow for a more sculpted body and sharp ‘power lines'
- Unique jewelled headlamps with LED daytime-running lights
- More upright matrix radiator grille and new ‘double horseshoe' rear profile first shown on the flagship Bentley Mulsanne
Contemporary, hand-crafted cabin
- New interior with a bold, sweeping dashboard and instrument panel finished in premium, soft-touch leather hides
- Distinctive ‘cobra'-design seats for added comfort and enhanced rear cabin space
- A new touchscreen, 30GB infotainment system introduces advanced satellite navigation with dynamic route guidance, seven-digit postcode entry and Google Map compatibility (market specific)
- Audio systems feature the latest wide frequency Balance Mode Radiator speakers as standard
- Revolutionary Dirac Dimensions™ DSP for exceptional sound reproduction (Naim for Bentley premium audio).
More powerful W12 and new high-efficiency V8 FlexFuel engines
- 6-litre W12 engine twin-turbocharged engine produces 575PS(567bhp/423kW) and 700Nm (516lb ft) of torque.
- 0 – 60mph in 4.4 seconds (0 – 100km/h in 4.6 seconds)
- 0 – 100mph in 10.2 seconds (0 – 160km/h in 10.2 seconds)
- Top speed of 198mph (318km/h)
- Overall weight saving of 65kg (143lb) versus predecessor
- New high-output, high-efficiency V8 engine due for release in late 2011.
Dynamic Bentley driving experience
- ZF 6HP28 transmission with ‘Quickshift' system that cuts shift times by 50% and enables double downshifts
- New 40:60 rear-biased torque split for the all-wheel drive system reduces understeer when powering out of bends and provides for better modulation of line and attitude by ‘throttle steering'
- Increased front and rear track improves grip and stability
- Advanced ESC system fully exploits the potential of the more powerful W12 engine and improved chassis
- 20" and (optional) 21" wheels