2012 Range Rover Evoque official details and images
Land Rover, the renowned premium SUVs maker has finally released the official details and images of the production 2012 Range Rover Evoque. Scheduled for public debut at the 2010 Paris Motor Show on 30th September 2010, the newly styled compact SUV represents a completely new design approach among the British brand's present rides, fitting together all their best qualities - craftsmanship, luxury, performance and all-terrain capability - into a smaller and more efficient package.
On the outside, the 2012 Range Rover Evoque showcases an extremely staggering contemporary styling fully based upon the LRX concept car.
Land Rover design director, Gerry McGovern, shares: "The Evoque marks a bold evolution of Range Rover design. With its dramatic rising beltline, a muscular shoulder running the length of the car, and a distinctive taper to the floating roofline, the Range Rover Evoque adopts a very dynamic profile with a powerful and athletic stance."
Inside the cabin, the new era compact SUV is a real seducer. Benefiting from top-end materials, the ride can provide its passengers with the most luxurious leather finish to almost every surface of the instrument panel, doors and seats. The cabin also highlights a lower driving position, emphasizing Evoque's sporty nature.
On performance level, the 2012 Range Rover Evoque will offer its customers a choice of two advanced 2.2-litre turbodiesel units, with either 190- or 150-horsepower. Fitted with the 150-horsepower 2.2-litre engine, the front-wheeled version of the Evoque estimates 58mpg and sub 130g/km CO2, while its four-wheeled brother delivers 50mpg and sub 145g/km CO2.
Of course, the ride will be also available with a high-performance 240-horsepower, 2.0-litre Si4 petrol plant, which will sport an exclusive blend of direct fuel injection, turbocharging and twin variable valve timing for exceptional driveability and fuel efficiency with a 0-60mph time of just 7.1 seconds.
In addition to all the exclusivity of the brand-new Evoque, an amazing list of technology extras will be available, including: a display with dual-view technology, Bluetooth, USB and auxiliary inputs for connectivity with iPods and other portable devices, as well as a stunning Meridian sound system with 17-speakers.
More features available to Range Rover Evoque:
- Park Assist for automated parallel parking
- Blind Spot Monitoring system
- Surround Camera System with five digital cameras, including a reversing system
- Full dual-zone automatic climate control, featuring a Park Heater timer facility
- Hard drive navigation system with off-road navigation capability
- DAB/FM/AM/Cirrus tuners, with hard drive virtual 10xCD multiplayer
- Digital and Satellite TV, and DVD playback
- Rear seat entertainment package, with 8-inch video screens, digital wireless headphones and touch screen remote control
- Keyless entry system and powered tailgate
- Adaptive headlamps with auto headlamp dipping
- Heated windscreen, front seats and steering wheel
The compact SUV is scheduled for launch in more than 160 markets worldwide from summer 2011with a starting price of 30,000 GBP in the UK.