2013 Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG - 360HP and 450Nm
Mercedes-Benz has revealed the 2013 A45 AMG. The small performance car will make its official debut at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show in March.
The A45 AMG is powered by a 2.0 liter turbocharged petrol with 360HP (265 kW) at 6,000RPM and 450Nm (332 lb-ft) of torque at 2,250RPM. 0-100 km/h in 4.6 seconds and a top speed of 250 km/h (electronically limited). The engine is mated to an AMG SPEED SHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission with three driving programs, double-declutching function and Race Start.
"The A 45 AMG will enable Mercedes-AMG to appeal to new customers and tap new markets, We are adding an extremely attractive model with exceptional performance to our range of unique high-performance automobiles." said Ola Källenius, Chairman of Mercedes-AMG GmbH.
"With the new A 45 AMG we have well and truly achieved our aim of developing the most dynamic, powerful and efficient four-cylinder series production car," comments Tobias Moers, Head of Overall Vehicle Development and Board Member of Mercedes-AMG GmbH. "With its impressive high-tech package and the performance-oriented AMG 4MATIC all-wheel drive, the A 45 AMG is a thoroughbred AMG through and through.", Ola Källenius adds.
The new A 45 AMG comes with variable, performance-oriented AMG 4MATIC all-wheel drive as standard. In developing this all-wheel drive, the focus firmly was on performance and dynamism. The power flux to the rear powertrain is provided by a compact power take-off unit (PTU) which is fully integrated in the seven-speed sports transmission.
There is also a 3-stage ESP, which can help in emergency situations or to improve the handling a lot.
The brake system is also improved - 350x32 mm discs at the front and 330 x 22 mm discs for the rear axle. The A45 AMG rolls 18" twin-spoke lightweight alloy wheels with 235/40 R18 tires or 19" wheels with 235/35 R19 available as an option.
Pricing will be revealed in July.
Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG:
|Bore x stroke||83.0 x 92.0 mm|
|Compression ratio||8.6 : 1|
|Output||360 hp at 6,000 rpm|
|Max. torque||450 Nm at 2,250 – 5,000 rpm|
|Engine weight (dry)||148 kg|
|Maximum engine speed||6,700 rpm|
|Power density||181 hp|
|Peak pressure||up to 140 bar|
|Maximum charge pressure||1.8 bar|
|Fuel consumption NEDC combined||39.7– 40.9 mpg|
|CO2 emissions||161-165 g/km|
|Acceleration 0-62 mph||4.6 s|
|Top speed||155 mph*|
- AMG Aerodynamics package: AMG rear aerofoil, additional flics in front apron, larger front splitter
- AMG carbon-fibre exterior mirror housing
- AMG Exterior Carbon-Fibre package: front splitter, side sill panel inserts and trim on rear apron in genuine carbon fibre
- AMG rear aerofoil
- AMG Exclusive package
- AMG multi-spoke light-alloy wheels fitted with 235/35 R 19 tyres, in two variants: painted in titanium grey with high-sheen finish or in matt black
- AMG Night package: privacy glass, black anodised waistline trim strip, black tailpipe trims in chromed finish, radiator fins in silver chrome, high-gloss black painted finish for front splitter, exterior mirrors, side sill panel inserts and rear apron trim
- AMG Performance exhaust system incl. tailpipe trims in specific design
- AMG Performance suspension with tauter spring/damper tuning
- AMG Performance steering wheel and E-SELECT lever, electronic key with AMG emblem
- AMG Performance seats
- AMG wheel bolt covers in black with hub caps in central-locking look (for standard AMG light-alloy wheels only)
- Red painted callipers