2015 Honda BR-V Prototype With a World Premiere at 2015 GAIKINDO Event
Honda BR-V Prototype has officially made a debut at the 2015 GAIKINDO Indonesia International Auto Show. This generation of crossover vehicles features an interesting combination of an SUV appearance and MPV utility. The vehicle is geared with an 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine, paired either with a 6-speed manual transmission or with a continuously variable transmission. And the best news is that the BR-V is planned to be in market in early 2016. So, the wait is almost over. At the World Premiere of the vehicle, personally unveiled byNoriaki Abe, Chief Operating Officer for Regional Operation (Asia and Oceania) of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. at Honda Booth, there were numerous guests, some of which are Kusnade Budiman, President Comissioner of PT Honda Prospect Motor (HPM), and Tomoki Uchida, President Director of PT Honda Prospect Motor. So, what else does the vehicle offer? Here is a list of promised goodies:
- High ground clearance
- Big roof rails for all grades
- LED connected tail light design in C-character
- New 16 inch aluminum wheels
- 4-Cylinder 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine
- 120 horsepower @ 6,600 rpm and maximum torque of 145 Nm @ 4,600 rpm.
- New 6-speed Manual Transmission
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) under Honda's "Earth Dreams Technology"
- Dual and Front SRS airbag
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Front 3-Point Load Limiters with Pretensioner ELR Seat Belt and ISOFIX