Dodge Introduces 2015 Charger
2015 Dodge Charger is world's only four-door muscle car and it gets refined for the new model year. The model gets a brand new exterior, and it is powered by 300 horsepower V-6 eingine, coupled to the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission, thus delivering an estimated 31 miles per gallon. The handling was also optimized. In fact, the exterior of the 2015 Charger was resculpted almost entirely. It includes dramatic LED lighting in both front and rear. The powertrain option for the R/T trim is the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine. In fact, the Dodge brand introduces this model along with the new 2015 Challenger in order to celebrate its 100th anniversary.
2015 Dodge Charger will be available in four models: SE, SXT, R/T and R/T Road & Track. The production of the car will begin in the fourth quarter of this year. Furthermore, some of the new interior details include three-spoke steering wheel, 7-inch reconfigurable gauge cluster, premium materials used for the seats and covered surfaces as well as a choice of eight new trim and color combinations.
Dodge is also including in the new Charger more than 80 standard or available safety and security features. Some of them are the Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with Full Stop, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist, ParkSense rear park assist systems and 9-1-1 call/Assist Call.
In terms of technologies, the drivers of this muscle car will enjoy the Uconnect Access system, Uconnect Access Services with roadside assistance, theft-alarm notification, voice texting, new Dodge Performance pages, new 3-D navigation and the ability to turn the Charger into a Wi-Fi hot spot.
All Charger models also get new wheels. The 20-inch wheels are standard on R/T models. Special heritage colors for the wheels include TorRed and new B5 Blue, along with Redline Tri-coat Pearl, Jazz Blue Pearl, Granite Crystal Metallic, Billet Silver Metallic, Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl, Ivory Tri-coat Pearl and Bright White.
The powerful 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine is intended for the Charger R/T and R/T Road & Track models and as mentioned it utilizes the TorqueFlite electronic eight-speed automatic transmission. With it the unit delivers up to 370 horsepower (272 kW) and 535 Nm (395 lb.-ft.) of torque.
On the other hand, the Charger SE and SXT rear-wheel drive (RWD) and all-wheel drive (AWD) models are powered by the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine. The latter produces 292 horsepower (218 kW) at 6,350 rpm and 260 lb.-ft. (353 Nm) of torque at 4,800 rpm, and is rated at 31 mpg.
2015 Dodge Charger Details And Specifications:
- New hood, fenders, front and rear fascias, front doors
- Three-piece spoiler (standard R/T)
- Dodge signature LED racetrack tail lamps
- Projector headlamps (high-intensity discharge headlamps on premium trims)
- LED fog lamps (SXT and R/T)
- Center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL)
- 20-inch wheels standard on R/T models
- Six different 20-inch wheel styles available
- 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable digital gauge cluster
- Instrument panel center stack with next-generation radio and 5.0-inch and 8.4-inch touchscreen displays with 3-D navigation and downloadable apps
- Three-spoke thick rim steering wheel with available paddle shifters
- Performance-inspired electronic shifter
- Dodge Performance Pages (R/T Road & Track)
- Eight new interior trims, including:
- Black and Tungsten cloth
- Black and Pearl leather
- Black and Ruby Red
- Included trial of Uconnect Access Services:
- 9-1-1 call/Assist Call
- Roadside Assistance Call
- Theft-alarm notification
- Uconnect Access App for remote services
- Voice texting
- Wi-Fi hotspot (service available)
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with Full Stop
- Advanced Brake Assist
- Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus
- Dynamic gridlines displayed with the rear camera view to show projected path of vehicle based on driver steering input
- TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission standard on all models
- Fully hemmed rear wheelhouse to accommodate larger tires
- All-wheel-drive (AWD) with front-axle disconnect