Hennessey VENOM GT supercar - the nowadays 289 AC Cobra
Hennessey Performance will unveil publicly their VENOM GT supercar at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show. The VENOM GT will be powered by specially-tuned, supercharged and twin-turbocharged Corvette ZR1-LS9 engine. With over 1,000 bhp of power on tap, and a curb weight under 2,500 lbs, the mid-engine VENOM GT will boast an astounding power-to-weight ratio of less than 2.5 to 1.
The VENOM GT is based on a radically modified Lotus Exige S chassis. The price including the base vehicle is $600,000 US Dollars, and HPE already reported for three orders.
Hennessey VENOM GT Specifications:
- Vehicle Type: Mid-engine, rear-drive; 2-door, 2-passenger
- Dimensions: Curb Weight - 2395 lbs
- Brakes: Front - 15 inch carbon rotors with 6-piston calipers; rear - 14 inch carbon rotors with 4-piston calipers
- Engine: Hennessey 1000 HP V8 Twin Turbo System; Dry Sump Oil System
- Power: 1000+ bhp @ 6600 rpm; 950 lb-ft torque @ 4,800 rpm
- Estimated Performance: 0-60 mph: 2.2 sec.; 0-100 mph: 4.9 sec.; 0-150 mph: 7.9 sec.; 0-200 mph: 14.5 sec.; Top Speed: 262 mph
- Transmission: 6-speed Manual
- Base Price: $600,000 US Dollars