Mazda MX-5 20th Anniversary edition
For the 20th birthday of Mazda Roadster a.k.a. Mazda MX5, Mazda Motor Corporation released a special version of its open-top sportscar for the Japanese market.
The Special Roadster 20th Anniversary edition is based on the Mazda Roadster RS with manually-operated soft-top and six-speed manual transmission, and Mazda Roadster VS RHT with Mazda's groundbreaking power retractable roof system and six-speed automatic transmission.
To make the Roadster 20th Anniversary edition realy unique and memorable, Mazda added the following special equipment:
- RECARO bucket sport seats (Black Alcantara® and red leather)
- Exclusive ‘20th Anniversary' badges (on each side fender)
- Clear front fog lights and bezels
- 205/45R17 84W tires and 17-inch aluminum wheels
- Front strut tower bar (cowl connecting type)
- Fabric soft top with glass rear window (soft-top model only)
- Heated seats with five temperature settings
- Soft padding (synthetic leather door armrests and center console lid)
To intensify the special Roadster uniqueness, all of the Annniversary models are finished in Crystal White Pearl Mica, which is used for the first time on the Mazda Roadster.
The suggested retail prices for the Mazda Roadster 20th Anniversary edition are: $30,000 for the Soft top model and $32,600 for the RHT model.