2013 Scion FR-S Speedster on the track
2013 Scion FR-S Speedster just debuted as Toyota Racing debuted at the 38th annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach on 13th of April.
The unique vehicle was showcased on site in the Lifestyle Expo lobby. The car was piloted by race car driver and 2012 Long Beach Motorsports Walk of Fame inductee Scott Pruett.
Following the Grand Prix, the Scion FR-S Speedster will be available for select appearances.
This vehicle is a rear-wheel-drive sports car with excellently balanced performance and handling, compelling style, flexible utility and surprising fuel economy.
This Scion proudly bears the number 86 on its door panels and rear wing. It also includes Toyota Racing's iconic paint scheme.
As you can see, the exterior modifications feature: Cartel Traditional Signature Series Chop Top, modified front fenders and hood, custom-molded rear deck with hand-made sheet metal speed blisters, custom metal fabrication interior and exterior panels, APR Performance Custom 61" carbon fiber wing, and custom formed and cut glass front windshield and side door glass.
On the other hand the interior modifications include: custom-shaped metal door panels with carbon fiber insets, carbon rear panel false wall, modified dash center drive gauge cluster and carbon switch panel, and red and white accented seats, dash and center console.
Scion FR-S Speedster Specifications:
- Length 166.7 in.
- Width 69.9 in.
- Height 40.2 in.
- Wheelbase 101.2 in.
- Flat 2.0L boxer engine
- 6-speed transmission
- Maximum output 200hp @ 7,000 rpm
- Maximum torque 151 lb.-ft @ 6,600 rpm
- TORCO Synthetic SR-5 Racing Oil
- ACT Clutch
- GReddy SP Elite Exhaust System
Chassis / Suspension:
- KW Suspensions Clubsport Coilovers (independent rebound and compression adjustability)
- Wilwood SUPERLITE 6-piston radial mount calipers in custom red on 13"
- SRP drilled and slotted two-piece rotors & BP-10
- Wilwood Smart Pads
Wheels & Tires:
- Front 18 x 8.0 Forge Line center lock wheels
- Back 18 x 9.5 Forge Line center lock wheels
- Front 225/40/18 TOYO Proxes R888
- Back 245/40/18 TOYO Proxes R888