Sportec SP580 Facelift - sportiness at the MAX
The top-end tuning expert Sportec has released its latest super sports car monster – the Sportec SP580 Facelift. Based on the undoubtedly potent Porsche 997 Turbo, the newly styled and tweaked ride stands out with remarkable vision and astonishing output figures - 580 PS and 650 Nm of maximum torque between 1950-5000 revs.
Thanks to the new, stronger output values, the Porsche Type Nine-Nine-Seven Turbo's boosted power unit catapults the ride from zero to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds flat and to 200 km/h in a breathtaking 10.3 seconds before reaches its top speed of 323 km/h.
In the terms of aerodynamic and styling improvements, the Sportec guys packs the turbocharged rear-engined ride with a reshaped front spoiler, discrete side skirts as well as a larger tail plane. Optionally, new matt carbon-made mirror covers and air intakes are available. The refined Porsche stands proudly on a 20-inch wheels set in Sportec Mono 7 design fitted with high-performance tyres. For the real race heads who like the ride little more athletic, Sportec offers a lowering set that brings the chassis around 20 millimetres nearer to the asphalt. For use on the race track Sportec offers a special PASM compatible super sports suspension that can be individually adjusted to suit every purpose and all race track conditions.
In the Sportec SP580's cabin, the sportiness is also up to the mark, a new aluminium pedals set, foot supports and sports bucket seats proves that.
Sportec 997 Turbo SP580 Specifications List:
- No. of cylinders - 6 Boxer
- Cubic capacity - 3800 cc
- Bore/stroke - 102 x 77.5 mm
- Compression ratio - 9.8 : 1
- Power - 426/580 kW/hp
- At an engine speed of - 6150 rpm
- Torque - 650 Nm
- At an engine speed of - 1950-5000 rpm
Manufacturer's Performance Ratings
- 0- 100 km/h - 4.2 s
- 0- 200 km/h - 10.3 s
- Top speed - 323 km/h
- Power/weight ratio - 2.84 kg/hp
- Specific output - 153 hp/L
Sportec 997 Turbo SP580 Modifications List:
- Six Cylinder Aluminium Biturbo
- LM Cylinder Head
- 2 camshafts each
- Automatic valve clearance balancing
- Engine electronics adjusted for 580hp
- self supporting body
- Coil springs with special Sportec characteristic, 20 mm lowering
- Front spoiler
- Rear spoiler made out of PUR-Rim
Wheels and Tyres
- Light metal wheels Mono 7 - 20"
- Sportec wheels, front - 9 x 20"
- Sportec wheels, rear - 12 x 20"
- Tyres - Michelin PS2
- Sportec 6-piston calliper brake with ventilated steel disc at the front axle, 4-piston calliper with ventilated steel discs at the rear axle