2012 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson
Ford has announced the 2012 F-150 Harley-Davidson Edition. The pick-up truck comes with staggering 6.2 liter V8 engine, snakeskin leather interior accents, a new stylized bodyside graphic and a new wheel and premium paint color.
"This is a great pairing of two icons of the open road: Ford and Harley-Davidson. Both brands appeal to truck owners and motorcycle enthusiasts alike," said Marc Lapine, Ford F-150 marketing manager.
"For 2012 we worked with Harley-Davidson to continue to push the styling envelope while still delivering the durability and power that F-150 is known for and that our collective customers expect. It perfectly captures both brands.", he added.
2012 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson Edition is available two main colours - Tuxedo Black or White Platinum Tri-Coat. The vehicle also comes with a exterior graphics, huge 22" alloy wheels, darkened headlights and a six-bar grille.
The interior boasts superb heated leather seats, snakeskin leather interior accents, a Harley-Davidson badge on the center console and 8" touch-screen GPS SAT NAV system.
The massive 6.2 liter V8 engine produces 417PS (306 kW) and 588Nm (434 lb-ft). It is mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox. The power is put on the road through RWD or an optional four-wheel-drive.
- SOHC valvetrain with roller-rocker shafts: The single overhead camshaft (SOHC) per cylinder head design results in a stiff valvetrain that allows optimized camshaft lift profiles and results in great low-speed torque. The roller-rocker shafts allow valve angles to be splayed, resulting in optimized intake and exhaust port layout for better breathing
- Dual-equal variable cam timing: Intake and exhaust valve opening and closing events are phased at the same time to optimize fuel efficiency and performance throughout the engine speed range and throttle positions
- Two spark plugs per cylinder: Due to the large bore size, two spark plugs per cylinder are used to more efficiently burn the fuel-air mixture in the combustion chamber, enabling better fuel economy and increased engine torque. The twin plugs also help the engine maintain a smooth, stable idle
- Dual knock sensors: A knock sensor on each bank of cylinders of the V8 engine allows the spark timing of each cylinder to be individually optimized real-time, throughout the engine speed range. The engine learns the optimum timing via an adaptive algorithm
2012 Ford Harley-Davidson F-150:
- Power moonroof
- Rear view camera
- Second-row heated seats
- Ambient lighting
- Remote Start System
- 110-volt power inverter
- Power-adjustable performance pedals
- 20" wheels
- 22" wheels
- Wet-on-wet paint
- Badges as interior ornamentation
- All-wheel drive
- Power deployable running boards
- High-gloss painted interior