Audi at Wörthersee Tour 2009
Each year Wörthersee plays host to the now legendary GTI meet, at which auto enthusiasts and of course Audi fans from throughout Europe come together. AUDI AG once again has its own stand at this extraordinary event. The brand's appearance at the 28th Wörthersee Tour (from May 20-23) in Reifnitz, Kärnten (Austria), is dedicated to the centennial celebration "100 years of Audi." In addition to historic models from various decades, the Ingolstadt carmaker is featuring showcase vehicles such as the Audi TT RS, the Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro and the Audi A1 Sportback. As a special highlight for the event at Wörthersee, Audi has prepared a customized Audi Q5 with 21-inch wheels, wider track, lowered ride height, a special paint finish and a power-enhanced 3.0 TFSI engine: the Audi Q5 custom concept.
This is Audi's third official appearance at the Wörthersee Tour. Among the events planned for the roughly 3,000 square meter stand on the south bank of the lake is the launch of an exclusive online idea contest for Audi accessories - the "Audi Customizing Club" (see box).
An "architectural" timeline guides those visiting the stand through the history of Audi as a carmaker. This timeline ends at a stage in the form of a banked curve with cars from Audi's current model lineup and a concept car.
Along the timeline itself are vehicles from various decades of Audi's history - from the Audi 50 via the Ur-quattro to the Audi A2. Audi is showing a total of 20 vehicles at its stand.
Prominently featured is the Audi Q5 custom concept: Audi engineers prepared this particularly sporty version of the SUV specially for the Wörthersee Tour. The test bed for Audi Genuine Accessories in the custom color Daytona Gray, matt rolls on 21-inch wheels of 7 twin-spoke design. Compared to the production model, the track was widened by 90 millimeters (3.54 in) and the ride height lowered by 60 millimeters (2.36 in). The power output of the 3.0 TFSI V6 engine has been increased from 245 kW (333 hp) to 300 kW (408 hp), allowing the Audi Q5 custom concept to accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in 4.4 seconds. Top speed is governed at 250 km/h (155 mph). (See box for technical data and equipment.)
Audi is presenting another version of the innovative hybrid technology in the drive unit for the A1 Sportback concept. At work under the hood is a 1.4-liter TFSI engine developing 110 kW (150 hp), whose power is directed to the front wheels by means of the S tronic dual-clutch transmission.
A 20 kW (27 hp) electric motor integrated in the drive train is able to deliver up to an additional 150 Nm of torque (111 lb-ft) when the vehicle is accelerating. During the boosting phase, i.e. when the TFSI engine and electric motor operate simultaneously to enable a sporty driving style, the two power packs deliver impressive propulsion. The tried-and-tested front-wheel drive - supplemented by the newly developed, ESP-controlled active front differential lock - ensures optimum transfer of power to the road.
Audi models at Wörthersee Tour 2009
Historic vehicles: Audi 50, Audi 100 Coupé S, Audi Ur-quattro, Audi 100, Audi TT Coupé (1st generation), Audi A2 Production models: Audi A3 Cabriolet, Audi A4 allroad quattro, Audi A5 Cabriolet, Audi S5, Audi RS 6 Sedan, Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro, Audi TT RS Coupé, Audi TT RS Roadster Models customized with Audi Genuine Accessories: Audi TT Coupé, Audi A4 Avant, Audi A3 Sportback Wörthersee vehicle: Audi Q5 custom concept Concept car: Audi A1 Sportback concept Motorsport: Audi R8 LMS Overview of the Audi Q5 custom concept
- Engine: 3.0 TFSI, V6 gasoline engine with supercharging and FSI gasoline direct injection
- Max. power output in kW (hp): 300 (408) at 6,000 - 7,000 rpm
- Max. torque in Nm (lb-ft): 500 (369) at 3,000 - 5,500 rpm
- Drivetrain: quattro permanent all-wheel drive
- Gearbox: 7-speed S tronic
- Top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph) (governed)
- 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph): 4.4 seconds
- Paint: Daytona Gray matt with red applications on the rims, roof rails, front skirt and rear spoiler
- Special features and selected equipment: power-enhanced 3.0 TFSI engine from the Audi S4 with 408 hp (normally 333 hp), ceramic brakes, active sound exhaust system, 90 millimeter wider track, 60 millimeter lower ride height, 21-inch wheels of 7 twin-spoke design, modified air intake, cooling water strut brace in engine compartment, stainless steel-plated pedals, S line sport seats, panorama roof system, "Wörthersee 09" adhesive film, textile floor mats with "Wörthersee 09" print application, Audi drive select vehicle dynamics system, parking aid with rearview camera, voice control, Audi lane assist lane change assistant, headlight range control with cornering lights, etc.