Chevrolet Sonic Super 4 Concept
Chevrolet has unveiled the Sonic Super 4 at the 2011 SEMA Show. The vehicle is a race car concept that demonstrates Chevrolet's new small car performance potential. The Sonic Super 4 joins other Chevy performance cars this week in the Chevrolet display at the SEMA Show.
"This is an exciting example of Chevrolet's small-car performance capability,", commented Jim Campbell, U.S. vice president, Performance Vehicles and Motorsports.
"Sonic has the soul and specifications to be a winner.", he added.
Sonic measures 2 525 mm – wheelbase, 1 509 mm - front and rear tracks. Its body-frame-integral structure ranks among the stiffest in the global small-car segment, with some of the steel in it delivering tensile strength of 145 000 psi (1 000 MPa) or higher.
The Sonic Super 4 concept features a suspension modified for racing and a lower restriction intake and exhaust system to provide enhanced on-track performance. The interior comes with a chrome moly roll cage built to SCCA specifications, as well as other safety equipment. It looks the part, too, with a lowered stance and 18" racing wheels and tires. It also wears Chevrolet Z-Spec concept accessories, including ground effects and a high-wing spoiler.
Chevrolet Sonic Super 4 Concept:
- Chevrolet racing graphics
- Carbon fiber lower splitter
- Carbon fiber rocker panel extensions
- Carbon fiber rear diffuser
- Tinted headlamps and taillights
- Concept Z-Spec high wing rear spoiler
- Tow hooks
- 18x7.5-inch satin black wheels with street-legal racing tires
- SCCA-approved 1¾ -inch chrome moly roll cage
- SCCA-approved inner and outer window nets
- Z-Spec pedal kit
- Racing instrumentation
- Racing seat with five-point harness
- Fire suppression system
- Rearview camera system
- Racing steering wheel with quick disconnect
- Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine and six-speed manual transmission
- Adjustable coil-over struts and spring kit
- Performance brakes: four-piston front calipers with two-piece drilled rotors, front; and two-piston rear calipers with one-piece drilled rotors, rear
- Low-restriction air intake and filter
- Two-inch cat-back straight-pipe exhaust