GUMPERT apollo sport - the new "road legal cars" RECORDholder
One of the most significant records nowadays, without a doubt is the record for road legal factory cars. Because every race lover with more money in the pocket can afford to buy one without the need of special permitions.
At the 13th of August, the professional race driver Folrian Gruber crossed the line of the legendary 13 mile Nurburgring racetrack, and unleashed his 700hp Gumpert apollo sport in full effect.
The Result....... AMAZING, the existing official record of the Donkervoort D8 RS06 set almost 4 years ago was BEATEN. 7 minutes, 11 seconds and 57 hundreds of a second, this is the time that from now on will stand as official road legal cars record.
With an average speed of around 106,78 mp/h (171,84 km/h) the apollo was by 3,32 seconds faster than the former record holder. And – by the way – more than 13 seconds faster than the Maserati MC 12 in 2008.
The apollo sport in standard factory specification was equipped with road legal MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup tires and an adjustable suspension by KW suspensions.
GUMPERT apollo sport (700 HP)
- Transmission: sequential six-speed gear box with synchronisation and oil cooling, twin plate clutch configuration (diameter 2 x 200 mm), rear-wheel drive, differential lock by Torsen
- Chassis: long and pushrod-operated double transverse control arm suspension with fully adjustable dampers front and rear and anti roll bar in front
- Brakes: two circuit BOSCH-ABS brake system with six piston callipers, inside ventilated discs(378 x 32 mm) all around
- Wheels & Tires: Aluminium cast wheels with centre look front: 255/35 ZR19 rear: 345/35 ZR19
- Dry weight: 1,200 kg (For cars with standard equipment without filling. Special eqipment may increase this value.)
- Allowed total weight: 1,550 kg
- Length: 4,460 mm
- Width: 1,998 mm
- Height: 1,105 mm
- Wheel base: 2,700 mm
- Wheel gauge: front: 1,670 mm, rear: 1,598 mm
- Tank capacity: 120 litre
- Engine: V8-cylinder-Biturbomotor with 90o cylinder angle, light metal cylinder heads with 5 valves per cylinder, four overhead camshafts, hydraulic valve clearance compensation, double-flow exhaust system with three-way catalytic converter, dry sump lubrication
- Cubic capacity: 4,163 cm3
- Engine performance: 515 kW (700 HP) at 6.500 rev/min
- Maximum torque: 875 Nm at 4.000 rev/min
- Litre performance: 123.7 kW/Litre (168 HP/Litre)
- Maximum rev.: 7,200 rev/min
- Top speed: 360 km/h / 224 mph (Depending on equipment, county related specification, gear ratio and engine power)
- Acceleration figures: 0-100 km/h in 3,0s; 0-200 km/h in 8,9s