Two award-winning Mazda models, 2015 Mazda6 and 2015 Mazda CX-5, have got improved and now they come with more powertrain options, more developed technologies and systems, and, finally, a reworked interior.
On the one hand, the 2015 Mazda6 wagon powered by SKYACTIV-D 2.2 clean diesel engine can be purchased with Mazda's new-generation all-wheel drive (AWD) system which has been previously used on the CX-5. It includes the world's first front wheel slip warning detection system and also adopts a specially developed low -viscosity oil, having the goal to increase fuel economy.
On the other hand the 2015 CX-5 is equipped with SKYACTIV-G 2.5 petrol engine along with i- ELOOP, Mazda's brake energy regeneration system, and Drive Selection. The latter offers a choice of different drive modes for more responsiveness when required.
These models are pioneers as they feature the company's innovative Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH), which represent a high-beam system with four separately controllable blocks of LEDs for each headlamp. ALH includes High Beam Control (HBC) and Adaptive Front-lighting System (AFS). Moreover, it provides with widened low beam coverage and automatic levelling. In order to avoid dazzling other drivers, the system disables the high-beam block shining only in the direction of the opposite vehicle and allows the remaining LEDs to be working for better night-time visibility.
Other features that are available for the new Mazda models are:
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) which adds Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) that sends alerts to the driver when there is an approaching vehicles while reversing.
- Lane-keep Assist System (LAS) that provides steering torque assistance while contributing to the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS).
- Driver Attention Alerts (DAA) which scans the driver's condition and offers a break if it finds a change in behavior.
- Smart City Brake Support Forward/Reverse (SCBS F/R) that adds reverse gear functionality to the already existing SCBS system.
- Smart Brake Support (SBS) and Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC).
The interior changes are reflected in the ultimately comfortable heads-up cabin and "the new-generation human-machine interface."