2011 Audi A7 Sportback completes the line-up
A7 Sportback is the new vehicle presented by Audi. It is big, five-door model, which combines practicality and unique style. The vehicle features advanced technologies such as super lightweight body, powerful and efficient V6 engines, sporty chassis, superb safety and premium multimedia systems. Audi A7 Sportback starts at €51 650 as a direct oponent of BMW Gran Turismo.
Audi A7 Sportsback has four V6 engines – two diesel and two petrol units. The output ranges from 204hp to 300hp. The new 3.0 TDI with 204 hp and multitronic consumes on average just 5.3 l per 100 km (44.38 US mpg), corresponding to CO2 emissions of just 139 g per km. All engines use Audi's innovative thermal management system, a recuperation system and a start-stop system.
The car is very big, it measures 4.97 meters (16.31 ft) long and 1.91 meters (6.27 ft) wide, but only 1.42 meters (4.66 ft) high. Featuring long hood, , the short front overhang, the long wheelbase, the sportily flowing C-pillars and the sharply dropping rear create a dynamic overall impression.
The trunk capacity is 535-liter and with the rear seats folded down – 1 390 liters.
The LED headlights come as an option and further emphasize the unique style of A7 Sportsback. Bi-xenon headlights and LED tail lights come standard. The innovative all-weather light function has also been integrated into the headlights, replacing the classic fog lights.
Audi A7 Sportback combines a new level of technical intelligence with logical, intuitive ergonomics and self-explanatory operation. The advanced MMI operating system with central menu button and reduced number of buttons comes standard, while one of the options is a new head-up display that projects the most important information on the windshield. The MMI touch system combines a hard drive navigation system with the convenience of touchpad input.
The driver can use the touchpad to perform numerous functions, such as using his or her finger to write the letters of the destination or the digits of the telephone number.
The online services work together with Google to connect the five-door Audi coupe to the Internet via the Bluetooth car phone. A UMTS module delivers images and information from Google Earth to the monitor and combines them with the navigation route. A WLAN hotspot is used to connect mobile devices. Further to the Bose sound system, the top-of-the-line option is the Advanced Sound System from Bang & Olufsen featuring 1 300 watts of power and 15 speakers.
The standard automatic transmissions also play a role in the high efficiency of the Audi A7 Sportback. Audi offers two different transmissions depending on the engines: The continuous multitronic sends the power to the front wheels, while the sporty seven-speed S tronic works together with quattro permanent all-wheel drive.
A7 Sportback stands on huge 18" to 20" wheels. Furthermore, the optional adaptive air suspension with controlled damping ensures perfect handling and driving dynamics.
Audi A7 Sportback
Design and body
- Elegant coupe design with four doors and a large, wide-opening luggage compartment hatch that opens and closes electrically (standard)
- 4.97 meters (16.31 ft) long; variable luggage compartment with up to 1,390 liters (49.09 cu ft) of capacity
- LED headlights optional; bi-xenon headlights and LED tail lights standard
- Lightweight body, large percentage of aluminum and high-strength steels
Interior and controls
- Elegant, modern lines, a craftsman's level of workmanship, elegant colors and materials, novel layered wood inserts
- Start-stop button standard
- Front seats optionally with ventilation and massage function
- MMI radio operating system standard; head-up display available as an option
- Optional MMI navigation plus system with touchpad and large 8-inch display, Internet services from Google, Audi music interface and Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System
- Optional ambient lighting package with LED technology in the roof module, in the center console ringed with lights and the illuminated door sill trims
- Advanced safety and assistance systems such as Audi pre sense, adaptive cruise control with stop & go function, Audi active lane assist, night vision assistant, speed limit display and park assist system
- Highly efficient, fuel-saving climate control system
- Four V6 engines – two powerful and highly efficient gasoline and TDI units each with power ranging from 150 kW (204 hp) to 220 kW (300 hp)
- All engines with thermal management, start-stop system and energy recovery
- 3.0 TDI with 150 kW (204 hp) and multitronic (front-wheel drive) with just 139 g CO2/km (223.70 g/mile)
- Front-wheel drive with multitronic; quattro all-wheel drive combined with seven-speed S tronic
- quattro with crown-gear center differential and torque vectoring
- quattro with sport differential for the active distribution of power at the rear axle available as an option
- Sophisticated chassis construction, aluminum control arms
- Newly developed, high-efficiency electromechanical power steering
- Audi drive select assistance system comes standard
- Optionally available adaptive air suspension with controlled damping
- 18-inch to 20-inch wheels, powerful brakes