2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid officially unwrapped
Today, at the New York International Auto Show Lincoln has unwrapped its first hybrid ride - 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. The eco-friendly vehicle represents a luxurious midsize sedan with head turning design, top-end technology and matchless comfort.
The marque's very first hybrid car is expected to deliver at least 41 miles per gallon in the city beating its direct opponent – the 2010 Lexus HS 250h – by 6 mpg. It also overcomes the Lexus with room for one more passenger and richer standard luxury and segment-exclusive safety features.
Scheduled for market launch in fall 2010, the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid utilizes Ford's second-generation hybrid powerplant, the 2.5-litres Atkinson-cycle I-4 hybrid engine. This innovative and highly esteemed system combines the best attributes of the gasoline engine and electric battery-driven motors to deliver optimal performance and fuel economy. Its combined gasoline and electric units are ready to deliver the strong 191 horsepower. In pure electric mode, the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid estimates 47 mph and beats the Lexus HS 250h once again, which reaches just 25 mph on battery-only mode.
The PRs at Ford have also prepared an impressive list of standard features and technologies on the 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, which are either not offered on the Lexus HS 250h or are available only at an extra cost.
- SmartGauge with EcoGuide – Ford's highly successful interactive technology provides real-time information to help drivers maximize fuel efficiency, and coaches drivers on how to optimize hybrid performance. Lincoln takes SmartGauge to the next level of engagement by giving drivers enhanced positive feedback on long-term fuel efficiency and driving performance through the "growth" of virtual small flowers on the system's right-most screen. Lincoln's white flowers, inspired by apple blossoms, remain permanently unless long-term fuel economy is reset.
- Lincoln SYNC® – The Lincoln-exclusive voice-activated communications and entertainment system provides an omnipresent link to contacts and information. In addition to Bluetooth® phone, audible text and MP3 player capabilities, Lincoln customers also can access Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist™.
- 10-Way Power Passenger Seat – This seat is designed to accommodate a diverse group of passengers. Memory functions enable passengers to fine-tune and recall their positions.
- Power Driver Memory Seat Settings – The driver seat memory feature helps ensure personal seating preferences anytime, with the touch of a button.
- Heated and Cooled Front Seats – This uniquely engineered system delivers exceptional heating and cooling comfort.
- Genuine Wood Trim – In addition to their exquisite appearance, the Swirl Walnut and Olive Ash wood trims offered in the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid are eco-friendly as well. The veneers come from well-managed forests, as defined by strict environmental, social and economic standards, and from other rigorously controlled sources.
- Reverse Sensing System – This system senses what drivers might not see behind them and relays an audible alert if objects are near, which increases in frequency the closer a driver gets.
- Keyless Entry Keypad – This Lincoln-exclusive feature provides secure entry at a driver's fingertips. A personal combination holds a memory for driver preferences. So if an owner is out for a run and doesn't want to take the keys along, the vehicle can be opened with the touch of a few buttons.
- Easy Fuel® Capless Fuel-Filler – This Lincoln-exclusive feature uses an integrated spring-loaded flapper door to eliminate the need for a fuel tank screw cap. That means no more fumbling to remove and tighten the cap and less fuel odor on a driver's hands at the pump.
- Personal Safety System™ – A Lincoln-exclusive suite of seven protection technologies works together as a system to help protect vehicle occupants. The system includes dual-stage front air bags and an occupant classification system to sense whether the passenger seat is occupied. It tailors – or suppresses – air bag deployment to help provide an appropriate level of protection. It also features the Ford Belt-Minder® system to remind front-seat occupants to buckle up.
- MyKey™ – This Lincoln-exclusive feature allows parents to program a key to limit speed and audio volume to encourage teens to drive safer and improve fuel efficiency. It also encourages seat belt usage, provides earlier low-fuel warnings, and can be programmed to sound chimes at 45, 55 and 65 mph.
- Integrated Spotter Mirrors – The traditional side-view mirrors are designed with a secondary convex spotter mirror in the top outer corner, which provides a view of the driver's blind spot. When traffic enters the driver's blind spot on either side of the vehicle, it is visible in the secondary convex mirror, alerting the driver of obstacles.
- Acoustic Laminated Windshield – This windshield features a layer of sound-absorbent vinyl sandwiched between two sheets of glass, which enhances interior quietness.