2012 Ford Focus ST-R Race Car Price - $98 995
Here is a nice offer – 2012 Ford Focus for $98 995. Is it impossible to spend all that money to tune a 2012 Ford Focus ST? Actually, the answer is yes, you can. If you check the full specifications below, you'll get the idea, why the new Ford Focus ST-R Race Car is so expensive.
The vehicle is specially developed to comply with FIA regulations and it will take place at the Grand-Am ST, World Challenge TC and Canadian Touring Car Series.
The Focus ST-R is currently available for order and deliveries are scheduled to begin late next year.
There is no performance data, but the 2.0 liter turbocharged EcoBoost petrol engine will deliver a serious amount of power. The factory power is 250PS (184 kW) and 360Nm (265 lb-ft) of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Ford Focus ST-R features a FIA-compliant roll cage, an LSD (limited slip differential), stripped interior with one Recaro front seat, racing steering wheel, racing instrument panel, start console and 18" BBS light alloy wheels fitted with Hoosier racing tires.
2012 Ford Focus ST-R Race Car
- Ford Racing custom exhaust
- Ford Racing engine calibration
- Ford Racing high capacity radiator
- Ford Racing clutch
- Ford Racing oil to air oil cooler
- Remote oil filter
- 6-speed manual transmission with Ford Racing limited-slip differential
- Seam-welded steel unibody with integrated FIA certified safety cage.
- Structural perofrmance: over 20,000 lb.-ft/degree (torsional)
- AST performance coilover adjustable dampers
- Adjustable camber plates
- Ford Racing upgraded sway bar with adjustable end links
- Upgraded bushings
- AST performance adjustable dampers
- Control-blade multilink rear suspension
- Ford Racing upgraded sway bars with adjustable end links
- Upgraded bushings
- Front brakes 320 mm with 2-piece rotors and race pads
- Production rear brakes with race pads
- Ford ABS with unique Ford Racing calibration
Wheels & Tires
- 18" BBS CF 1 piece cast alloy wheel (Anthracite)
- Hoosier 225/40-18 R6 race tires
- ATL 18 gallon fuel cell with custom single dry break system
- 2012 Focus ST body kit
- Brake cooling ducts
- Hood pins
- Ford Racing lightweight wiring harnesses
- Recaro Pro Racer HANS racing Seat
- AIM MXL Pista GPS based data system
- Ford Racing short throw shifter
- Ford Racing fire suppression system
- Ford Racing 6-point safety harness
- Ford Racing driver safety nets
- Ford Racing steering wheel with quick release
- Custom carbon fiber center panel with switches
Source: Ford via Car & Driver