ARK Performance to Show Hyundai Genesis AR550 at SEMA
All lights now are on ARK Performance which has released some details around their SEMA-bound project. Tuning company's Genesis AR550 sedan is getting readied for the iconic show and more importantly, taking the 2015 Genesis V8's great performance to a whole new level. This is the sixth project for the customizing specialists, involving a Hyundai vehicle modification for SEMA. So this year they have decided to inject the Genesis with performance characteristics on par with German super-sedan rivals like Mercedes-Benz AMG and BMW M.
Of course, being familiar with ARK's other projects, we know that they focus on the combination of supercharged power with head-turning design, which sets a new standard for Hyundai performance. The exterior for instance now features several modifications in order to accommodate the larger wheels.
This wider stance, coupled with a lowered suspension setup that results in more aggressive appearance. "AR Line" exterior modifications feature front and rear wide bumpers and fenders, a carbon fiber splitter and rear diffuser and AR headlights. Inside, the car has also been revised. The business jet-like interior is accomplished through Katzkin custom diamond-stitched seats and door panels.
The car uses Hyundai's 5.0-liter V8 engine as the powertrain's foundation. ARK Performance has added to it 130 horsepower via the inclusion of a Rotrex supercharger and ARK free-flow exhaust. The new ARK-developed suspension setup reduces body roll and delivers sportier ride. The Brembo Big Brake Kit with Nitto Tires it what rounds-out this customization.
ARK Performance Hyundai Genesis AR550 will be unveiled at Hyundai's SEMA press conference on 4th of November.
ARK Performance Hyundai Genesis AR550 Specifications and Details:
- Hyundai Tau 5.0L V8 Engine
- Rotrex Supercharger
- ARK Performance Intake System
- ARK ‘AR line' Carbon Engine Cover
- ARK Downpipes
- ARK High-Flow Catted Test Pipe
- ARK GRiP Exhaust System
- Upgraded Engine Management
- ARK Race Spec Driveshaft
- Engine Upgrade and Installation
- ARK Front Strut Reinforcement Bar
- ARK Front / Rear Stiffened Sway Bars
- Airrex Premium Air Suspension System
- ARK Knuckles and Control Arms
- Brembo Big Brake Kit (Front / Rear)
- ARK Lightweight Forged Wheels
- Nitto Tire NT05 Summer Tires
- AR Aero package by Infinite Auto Design
- AR550 Wide Front Bumper w/ Carbon Fiber
- AR550 Wide Rear Bumper w/ Carbon Fiber
- AR550 Wide Front / Rear Fenders
- AR550 Side Skirts w/ Carbon Fiber
- AR550 Rear Trunk Decklid
- AR550 Design / Mold
- AR550 Crystal Project Headlights Upgrade
- AR550 Exterior Welcome Lighting
- Katzkin Custom Diamond Stitched Seats
- Katzkin Custom Diamond Stitched Panels