EXCLUSIVE: Magnum MK5 Revealed
MK5 has the goal to offer an unforgettable and unique driving experience similar to a one that a real racecar can deliver. For this reason the sportcar was equipped with engine which delivers 250 horsepower (183 kW). It also was put through a completed its development program, including 3 years of extensive track testing.
The open-top Magnum MK5 is not only fast it also includes a cargo compartment that can easily accommodate two race helmets and a briefcase. It also includes full lighting and reverse camera, which reflects the MK5's dual personality.
As one can see from the revealed pictures, the car has bold and dramatic design. It has sleek proportions and aggressive on-road stance. In addition, the car's development offers both easy adjustability and maintenance.
What propels Magnum MK5 is the 250hp rear mid-mounted 4-cylinder engine mated to a 6 speed sequential gearbox. The latter delivers very fast shifts, up and down, while the perfectly positioned center-mounted shifter lever provides a level of involvement for the driver. Combined with a limited-slip differential, MK5 provides effortless acceleration.
Furthermore, other advantages that need to be mentioned here formula racecar type pushrod suspension geometry, with front and rear inboard 2-way adjustable dampers. The car runs on high performance street-legal tires in the format 225/40R18 at the front and 265/35R18 at the rear, mounted on 18-inch ultra-lightweight alloy wheels.
The impressive braking performance is ensured by a rear 4-piston calipers and vented brake discs. The ingenious sliding pedal box, completely custom machined out of aircraft-grade billet aluminum, provides easy adjustability from a simple locking lever, to accommodate drivers of different heights.
The theme of the bold exterior styling is continued in the vehicle's cockpit where a modern look mixes with purposeful ergonomics. There one can see designer-worthy CNC machined aluminum levers, race-inspired carbon fiber seats, 6-point racing harnesses for the driver and passenger.
The pre-orders for the car are already being taken, and it will be built on order at an initial annual production rate of 20 cars. Deliveries are projected to start by late 2014. Magnum MK5 has a starting price of $139,000 USD.
Magnum MK5 Specifications:
- Power-to-weight ratio: 460 bhp per tonne
- 0-100 km/h (0-60 MPH): 3.2 second
- Maximum speed: 240 km/h (150 MPH)
- Handling: Over 2Gs of lateral force
ENGINE & TRANSMISSION
- Type: 4-Cylinder
- Power: 250 bhp
- Redline: 11,000 rpm
- Configuration: Rear mid-mounted, rear wheel drive
- Transmission: 6-speed sequential gearbox with reverse
- Differential: Limited-slip
- Bodywork: Carbon-fiber composite, easily removable front and rear sections.
- Functional aerodynamics: Internal front wing, front splitter, flat underbody, rear diffuser
- Cargo area: Fits two helmets and a briefcase
- Fuel tank capacity: 35 liters
- Fuel filler: Lockable billet aluminum
- Length: 3,914 mm (154.1 in)
- Width: 1,884 mm (74.2 in)
- Height: 1,069 mm (42.1 in)
- Dry Weight: 1,200 lbs (545 kg)
- Type: Adjustable pushrod activated, double unequal length a-arms, front & rear
- Dampers: Inboard, two-way adjustable, front & rear
- Anti-roll bars: Adjustable, front & rear
WHEELS & BRAKES
- Tires: Ultra-high performance, road-legal, 225/40R18 front & 265/35R18 rear
- Wheels: 18", ultra-light alloy, front & rear
- Brake calipers: 4-piston calipers, radial mount, front & rear
- Brake discs: Ventilated discs, with CNC-machined aluminum hubs, front & rear
- Brake bias: Cockpit adjustable
- Pedal box: Custom CNC-machined hand operated sliding adjustable
- Gauges: Steering wheel mounted backlit digital dash-display, with integrated laptimer and data acquisition system
- Steering wheel: Weather resistant suede, with quick release
- Seats: Carbon fiber composites
- Harness: 6-point, racing-type
- Accessory: Rear-view monitor & camera