Mazda Motor Corporation today announced the launch of freshened models in the Mazda AZ-Wagon micro-mini range, which has already won high praise for its "space utility wagon" concept. The upgraded models go on sale today and are available at Mazda Autozam, Mazda, and Mazda Anfini dealerships throughout Japan.
Improvements have been made to the AZ Wagon's interior and exterior quality levels. Depending on the model, new seat upholstery and door trim, Mazda's advanced keyless entry & start system, and door mirror covers with embedded indicator lights are now available. Additionally, the AZ-Wagon Custom Style range has been expanded, adding the new T grade that features a turbocharged engine.
The target sales volume of the entire Mazda AZ-Wagon range is 2,200 units a month.
Mazda AZ-Wagon FT-S Special (FWD model with four-speed automatic transmission)
Main features of the revamped Mazda AZ-Wagon
- Front fog lamps have been added (FT-S Special)
- New alloy wheels with a more stylish design (FX-S Special and FT-S Special)
- Highly visible turn indicator lights affixed to the door mirror covers (FT-S Special)
- New body colors, Jewel Purple Pearl Metallic (FX-S Special and FT-S Special) and the pink-tinged Antique Rose Metallic (FX, FX-S Special and FT-S Special) have been added to the existing color range
- Freshened seat upholstery and door trim design (all grades except those in the Custom Style range)
- Advanced keyless entry & start system that makes locking/unlocking the doors and starting the engine easier. (FX-S Special and FT-S Special)
Main features of the new T grade in the Mazda AZ-Wagon Custom Style range
- M Turbo engine which develops high torque from low- to mid-rpm
- Highly visible turn indicator lights affixed to the door mirror covers
- Advanced keyless entry & start system