2015 Lotus Elise at the Paris Motor Show - 350PS and 1095kg - NICE!
Another vehicle from Lotus at the Paris Motor Show – 2015 Lotus Elise. Although, most of the company's cars look the same, they are much different. The new Elise features shark-inspired styling, floating taillights, and a number of carbon fiber components. The chassis is made entirely from aluminum for extra weight saving and improved handling.
The small car is powered by 2.0 liter supercharged four-cylinder engine with 300PS (221kW) and an option for 350PS (257kW). The gearbox is robotized manual, which is something very complicated and smart, probably.
The weight of 2015 Elise is just 1095kg (2414 lb), so the company will keep the sport spirit and superb handling of their cars.
The prices for 2015 Lotus Elise will be around £40 000. However, the current model is just £27 450.
2015 Lotus Elise Specifications
- Layout 2 seater, mid-engined, rear wheel drive
- Engine Petrol with start/stop option
- Hybrid technology Mild hybrid, i.e. start/stop technology
- Cylinder 4
- Capacity 2.0 litre
- Power/Torque 320 PS / 330 Nm
- Rev limit 7,800 rpm
- 0-100 km/h 4.3 seconds
- Top speed 270 km/h
- CO2 approx (CO2/km) 150 g/km**
- Weight 1,095 kg
- Seats 2
- Transmission 6 Speed Manual, DCT optional
- Drive RWD
- Start of production Early 2015
- Enters the market Spring 2015
- Price indication Circa £35,000