New Euro 6 Eco-Friendly Peugeot Engines
Peugeot amazes us with even greater eco-friendly technology with the all-new Euro 6-compliant versions in its most famous models. Ever since late 2013 Peugeot uses the most effective technology for emission control on the market for all diesel models.The application of the new engines has reduced the CO2 emissions of Peugeot vehicles.
Equipped with technically advanced three-cylinder "PureTech" and 1.6-litre THP four-cylinder petrol engines, and with low emission "BlueHDi" diesels, all coming along with "Stop & Start" (S&S) technology. "Peugeot" vehicles now are one of the most environmentally efficient models in. Each engine is equipped with Peugeot's highly effective, "Efficient Automatic Transmission 6" (EAT 6) transmission.
"PureTech" engines are the new 110 hp (82 kW) version, and a EAT 6 transmission for the 130 hp (96 kW) version. In 2014 the 110 hp (82 kW) and 130 hp hp (96 kW) turbo engines were added to the "PureTech", next-generation three-cylinder petrol engines.The 2.0-litre BlueHDi engines systems offers some of the highest level of comfort along with "Quick Shift technology" which ensures effective drag reduction and a really smooth gear changing.
Peugeot's 308 1.2-litre "PureTech" 130 S&S is equipped with a new EAT 6 6-speed automatic gearbox. Moreover the 308 1.2-litre "PureTech" 130 S&S EAT 6 reaches fuel consumption of 57.6 mpg UK (4.9 l/100 km) and 114 g/km of CO2.
The 1.6 litre BlueHDi 120 equipped with a manual six-speed gearbox now is available in more Peugeot vehicles:
- Peugeot 208, with fuel consumption of 78.4 mpg UK (3.6 l/100 km) and 94 g/km of CO2.
- Peugeot 2008, with consumption of 76.3 mpg UK (3.7 l/100 km) and 96 g/km of CO2, sets the record in the large B-segment.
- Peugeot GEOT 3008, with consumption of 68.8 mpg UK (4.1 l/100 km) and 106 g/km of CO2, qualifies to the top rankings in the large C-segment, setting a record in the same segment for a manual transmission.
- Peugeot 5008, with consumption of 67.2 mpg UK (4.2 l/100 km) and 109 g/km of CO2 is one of the leaders in the large C-segment.
Peugeot has installed that engine in the C and D segments:
- Peugeot 508, the 2.0-litre BlueHDi 150 BVM 6 makes CO2 emissions of just 105 g/km for the Saloon and SW and has made its mark as the best technology in the D-segment.
- Peugeot 508, the 2.0-litre BlueHDi 180 EAT 6 achieves 111 g/km of CO2, comes with one of the best exchanges between power and consumption in the segment.
- Peugeot 3008, the 2.0-litre BlueHDi 150 boasts 64.2 mpg UK (4.4 l/100 km) and 114 g/km of CO2, making it too one of the best when it comes to power and consumption in the large C segment.
- Peugeot 5008, the 2.0-litre BlueHDi 150 achieves 65.6 mpg UK and 113 g/km of CO2.
The Blue Hdi technology cosily meets the Euro 6 Diesel emissions standard and sets up a potential future emission standards.