Peugeot HYbrid3 Evolution - urban mobility in three wheels
At the 67th Milan International Cycle and Motorbike Show, Peugeot is presenting new scooter concept - HYbrid3 Evolution. The new compact scooter concept is offering versatility, high level of performance (36 kW / 49 bhp) and low levels of CO2 emissions (48 g/km in combined cycle or zero in electric mode) thanks to its innovative hybrid technology. Clearly not an ordinary scooter or a true car, the three-wheeled Peugeot HYbrid3 Evolution is a roofless version of the HYbrid3 compressor, presented at the Paris Motor Show 2008.
The new concept is fitted with an electric motor in each of its two front wheels and a naturally aspirated engine at the rear. It represents Peugeot's vision for the progress of the future urban mobility. A special brake system with ABS and PBS ensures the passengers safety and reduces the braking distance by around 30 % compared to a two-wheel scooter equipped with traditional brakes.
Peugeot HYbrid3 Evolution concept possess few driving modes including:
- electric only mode (start-up, low speed and deceleration, offering a range of up to 10 km)
- petrol only mode, at stable speed on the open road, when the petrol engine attains its optimal efficiency
- petrol engine and electric motor combined, with the design of this electric/petrol hybrid allowing three-wheel drive for enhanced safety and driveability under all circumstances
- as required by road conditions
- during phases of acceleration for extra power ("boost" function) and grip, when the power can attain a maximum of 30 + (3x2) = 36 kW (49 bhp).
Furthermore, the scooter-concept is equipped with a STOP & START system, which contributes for the vehicle's overall efficiency.