Wiesmann Roadster (2006)
The Wiesmann-Roadster which is manufactured since 1993, has been adapted permanently to the latest technical development. It’s a dynamic and powerful sports car, made for convertible enthusiasts, taking its very own market position, supported by an ever growing fan community. The Wiesmann brand is established.
In succeeding years the Wiesmann-Roadster has been continuously developed and kept up-to-date with engineering progress. With almost 500 examples now having been built, a quality of finish has now been achieved which is unequalled among comparable small-scale manufacturers.
In 2003, on the 10th anniversary of the factory, Wiesmann gave the models a facelift: from the 300th. Roadster, all vehicles leaving the factory had a number of optical and technical detail alterations. The classic shape of the car body, which became very successful and is particularly loved by Wiesmann customers, retained unchanged. Improvements to the interior and modest alterations to the Roadster's external appearance were signs of the continued logical development of the vehicle concept.
Additional options allow the customers to individualise their own hand-made dream car. Individuality is the magic word! After all, the customer wants a car that is individually equipped, tailored to his wishes, crafted to suit him and make him satisfied and happy.
The Wiesmann-Roadster is available with two powerful engines:
- MF 30
- 170 kW/231 HP
- 2,979 cc
- MF 3
- 252 kW/343 HP
- 3,246 cc
Even though the performance of the normally-fitted engine with 3 litres and 231 HP (achieving a power-weight ratio of 4.67 kg/HP) is adequate for a sports car, this was not always sufficient to fulfil all our customers' wishes for engine performance. This culminated in the offer of a further engine from the BMW stable, the M engine from the 3-series.
The driving qualities of the Roadsters with this engine, with its output of 343 HP and 365 Nm (resulting in a power-to-weight ratio of the car at its empty weight of 1,180 kg of 3.44 kg/HP) combined with a sequential manual 6-speed gearbox are driven to the very peak of driving enjoyment.
The extension of standard equipment covers the following new features:
- BMW M3-Motor 252 kW/ 343 HP and 365 Nm
- Dynamics switch (throttle valve control selectable sporty/ comfortable)
- New design of the rear light-clusters and the front flashers
- Additional side blinkers in the sills
- Redesigned door-lock
- New switch design in the central console
- New control lights display
- New design for the instrument panel
- Interior improvements with leather elements in cross-stitch pattern
Special equipment available at an extra price
- Sequential 6-speed gearbox (SMG II) with switch on the steering wheel (2 driving modes: manual gear-change with steering wheel switch or with the gear stick; automatic mode)
- Drivelogic (6 different driving programmes for comfortable driving through to sporty driving)
- Acceleration assistant (for optimum vehicle acceleration at sports car racing level)
- Control light display with gear indicator
- DSC Dynamic Stability control (manual cut-out)
- Modification of the front lighting units (additional xenon or H7 headlights)
- Wider wheels (255/30 on 9.5x19" front, 295/30 on 11x19" rear)
The optical and aerodynamic developments, in combination with the modified standard equipment and great variety of individual possibilities, once again enhanced the attractiveness of the Wiesmann-Roadster.